The crumb coating on the pork chops keeps them tender and moist as they bake, and pair lovely with PEI Potatoes!
Prep Time: 10 min
Baking Time (potatoes): 20 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
|2 medium||PEI Russet Potatoes, thinly sliced|
|1/3 cup (75 ml)||Dry Bread Crumbs|
|1 tsp (5 ml)||Dried Basil, divided|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Dried Rosemary, crumbled & divided|
|1.5 cups (375 ml)||Milk, divided|
|1 lb (500 g)||Fast-Fry Boneless Pork Chops|
|1 clove||Garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Cornstarch|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Salt|
|1||Grated Lemon Rind|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Olive Oil|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Chili Flakes|
|1/2||Grated Zest of lemon, optional|
|1/2||Fresh Parsley, chopped, to taste|
|1 tbsp (15 ml)||Butter, divided|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Lemon Juice|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. (190° C ).
2. Potatoes: In a medium bowl toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and chile flakes. Arrange in a single layer in a medium cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 20 min, or until crisp and golden, turning once.
3. Place half of butter in a 13 X 9-inch (3.5L) glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 5 min. In shallow dish combine bread crumbs and half each of the basil and rosemary. Place 2 tbsp (30ml) of milk in separate bowl. Dip pork chops first in milk then in crumb mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to plate. Discard any leftover milk and crumbs.
4. Remove baking dish from oven and swirl ot coat with melted butter. Place breaded pork chops in dish and return to oven. Bake for about 8 min or until pork is starting to brown.
5. Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook remaining basil, rosemary, onion and garlic, stirring for 3 min or until softened. Whisk remaining milk into cornstarch; whisk in lemon rind. Whisk into pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, for 3 min or until thickened and glossy. Stir in salt and lemon juice. Pour sauce over top of pork in dish. Bake for 5 min longer or until a hint of pink remains in pork. Sprinkle baked potato slices with grated lemon zest and chopped fresh parsley.
If fast-fry pork chops are not available, use thicker ones and increase baking time to about 12 min before adding sauce. Or, put the thicker chops in the freezer for 15 min until firm and slice in half with a sharp knife.