30 minutes, makes 18-24 rolls.
- 4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/3 cup Mashed PEI Russet Potatoes
- 5 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Soft Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cream/Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp. Melted Butter
- Mix all of the dry ingredients gently, followed by mashed potatoes, shortening and milk until blended, then roll out onto a floured surface until dough is 1/2” thick.
- Spread 1/2 cup of soft butter and sprinkle with the mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up into a log and cut into equal pieces.
- Place on a greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
Chef's Note: If using leftover mashed potatoes, make sure they don't contain any savoury ingredients that'll affect the flavor of your cinnamon rolls – the simpler the mashed potatoes, the better! Make sure your mashed are room temperature or warmer (but not hot).