PEI Potato and Lobster Croquette
PEI Potatoes and Lobster together!
Temps de préparation et rendement
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes Peeled, Boiled, and Mashed (cooled)
- 6 oz Lobster Chopped
- 1 Tbs Cumin Ground
- 1 Tbs Coriander Ground
- ½ Cup Green Onion Chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cups Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Cajun Spice
Blueberry Red Onion Jam:
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Water
- 1 Medium Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
Method for Croquettes:
- Mix together all ingredients and form into balls and freeze (about 4hrs or overnight). *Size of balls may vary based on preference.
- Set up a breading station with: a bowl of flour, a bowl of beaten egg, and a bowl of breading with Panko crumbs and Cajun spice.
- Add frozen potato balls to flour, then eggs, then breading mix.
- Deep fry till golden (approx. 3-4 min).
- Then bake in 350° oven for 8-10 min.
Method for Blueberry/Red Onion Jam
- Simmer till thick in a small sauce pan 1 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1tsp of water.
- In a separate pan, simmer red onions, white vinegar, and ½ cup of sugar until onions are soft.
- Strain onions, (reserve the liquid).
- Add onions to processor with blueberries and purée.
- Add some of the reserved liquid if too thick.
- Let chill overnight.