A spicy appetizer to impress your guests!
Prep Time: 20 mins
|4 medium||PEI Russet Potatoes, crinkle cut or thinly sliced|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Vegetable Oil|
|1 lb (225 g)||Ground Beef or Ground Chicken|
|1/2||Red Pepper, medium dice|
|1/2||Onion, medium dice|
|1/2||Tomato, medium dice|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Cilantro, chopped|
|1 tsp (5 ml)||Cumin|
|2 tsp (10 ml)||Oregano, dried|
|1 tsp (5 ml)||Paprika|
|as desired||Chili Flakes|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
|as desired||Sour Cream|
1. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add ground beef, onions and peppers, cook over medium heat until ground beef is almost fully cooked.
2. Add the herbs and spices and continue cooking for 2 minutes; set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat remaining vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot fry the potato slices until crispy. Remove from the oil, drain on paper towel and season with salt.
4. Lay potato chips overlapping in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper .
5. Top with ground beef mixture and cheddar cheese; bake until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven and top with tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with a side of sour cream salsa and guacamole