PEI Potato Frittata
Jazz up your breakfast with this flavourful and creamy dish!
Prep Time & Yield
Total Prep time: 30 min
|1 medium||PEI Russet Potato, diced|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Butter|
|1||Red Pepper, small & diced|
|1||Garlic clove, minced|
|2 cups (500 ml)||Spinach|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Gruyere or Swiss Cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Heavy Cream|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Heat an oven-safe sauté pan over medium heat; add butter.
3. Add onions, red pepper, garlic and potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until onions are softened .
4. Stir in spinach and cook, allowing spinach to wilt down; season with salt & pepper.
5. In a bowl combine eggs, heavy cream and cheese. Season with salt & pepper; mix well.
6. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, stirring to combine while allowing the egg mixture to begin cooking; 1-2 minutes.
7. Place frittata in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are fully set .
8. Remove sauté pan from oven and slide frittata onto a cutting board. Portion and serve immediately .
• If you do not have an oven-safe sauté pan, a casserole dish can be used. Just be sure to grease it well before adding the ingredients to prevent sticking. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are full set. Remove from oven and serve immediately.