Easy Festive Potato Pancakes Recipe
This colorful and healthy alternative to mashed potatoes is a great option if you have gluten-free or vegan guests for the holidays. It is also a fantastic way to repurpose leftover mashed potatoes.
Prep Time & Yield
Makes 10 patties
- 4 cup cooked potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup non-dairy substitute
- 2 tbsp of non-dairy butter (optional)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup of chopped kale, finely chopped with ribs removed
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, stir in mashed potatoes, kale, green onions, nutritional yeast vegetable stalk, nutmeg, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Shape your mashed potato mix into 4 in wide by 1 in. thick patties.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil per patty over medium-low heat. Once the oil has been heated, gently deposit as many patties as you can fit into the frying pan making sure to leave 1 inch in between to overcrowd them. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until you get a golden-brown colour. Keep finished cakes warm. Serve cakes with cranberry sauce.