PEI Potato Latkes
A fun party food base that you can top with whatever is in season!
Prep Time & Yield
|2 large||PEI Russet Potatoes|
|1/2||Onion, small diced|
|1 tbsp (15 ml)||Fresh Thyme, chopped|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Vegetable Oil|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grate potatoes into a bowl; add onion, thyme, & eggs. Season with salt&pepper; mix well.
- Mold the mixture into 1 1/2 -inch cirlces (thinner is better). Season with salt & pepper; refrigerate.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil until hot; add potato latkes. Cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from pan and place warm latkes on a plate.
Che's Tip: Top potato lakes with your favorite ingredients such as:
- Pulled Pork and Cheddar Cheese
- Steamed Mussels and Bruschetta
- Smoked Salmon, Cremè Fraiche and Capers
- Lobster and Bearnaise Sauce
- Wilted Spinach, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese