A delectable potato treat from Chef Andrew Smith at Red Shores in Charlottetown!
Serves 6 potato portions.
2.5 Lbs Russet PEI Potatoes, Peeled & Medium Diced
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Gouda Cheese
2 Green Onions Diced
- To Taste - Salt & Pepper
- 1 Large Russet PEI Potato
- Add 2.5 lbs of PEI Potatoes to 4 L Pot with a dash of Salt and cook until tender; drain.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or potato ricer, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Add Cheese & Green Onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form Potatoes in 6 equal size rectangles and chill in fridge (approx. 1 hour or until Potatoes are firm)
- Cut 1 'wrapping' Potato with a Vegetable Turner in long Julienne Strings
- Use this to wrap your rectangle Potatoes and place in 360F deep fryer to get your potatoes crispy on the outside and keep them creamy on the inside (approx. 4-5 minutes)
- Serve and enjoy.