PEI Potato Pizza
A unique twist on the traditional pizza, with PEI Potatoes.
Prep Time & Yield
Prep time 40 minutes, serves 4.
|1||Medium sized PEI Yukon Gold Potato (sliced)|
|1.5 lbs||Pizza Dough (uncooked)|
|1/4 cup||Olive Oil|
|2||Garlic Cloves (minced)|
|1 sprig||Fresh Rosemary (stem removed & chopped)|
|2 cups||Mozzarella Cheese (grated)|
|To taste||Salt & Pepper|
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out pizza dough into a large circle and place on a greased pizza pan.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil; blanch potato slices for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove potatoes from boiling water and place into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking.
- Brush the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and rosemary.
- Place potato slices in a single layer over the surface of the pizza; season with salt & pepper.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
• Fresh rosemary can be replaced with 1 tsp dried rosemary.
• If desired, add roasted chicken or crumbled sausage meat before baking.