A Bacon and Cheese infused PEI Baked Potato!
Prep Time: 60 min
|4 large||PEI Russet Potatoes|
|1/4 cup (50 ml)||Bacon, cooked & crumbled|
|2||Green Onions, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
|3 tbsp (45 ml)||Sour Cream|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Gently scrub potatoes to remove dirt and loose skin; prick each potato several times with a fork.
3. Place the potatoes in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut off top of potatoes (lengthwise).
5. Scoop out potato, mash with a fork and then mix in bacon and green onions and season with salt & pepper .
6. Fill each potato shell and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.