A vegetarian curry to spice up your day!
|2 medium||PEI White Potatoes, large dice|
|1 tbsp (15 ml)||Vegetable Oil|
|1 medium||Onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Ginger Powder|
|1 tsp (5 ml)||Curry Powder|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Chili Powder|
|3 cups (750 ml)||Vegetable Stock|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Turnip, large dice|
|2||Carrots, large dice|
|2||Plum Tomatoes, large dice|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Cauliflower, small florets|
|1/2||Green Pepper, large dice|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Peas, fresh or frozen|
|to taste||Salt & Pepper|
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat; add oil.
2. Add onion and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes; stir in spices and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add vegetable stock, potatoes, turnip, carrots and stir.
4. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes .
5. Add cauliflower; continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
6. Add peas and tomatoes and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Season with salt & pepper; serve immediately.