Grilled PEI Potato & Kale Salad with Horseradish-Dill Vinaigrette
Prep Time & Yield
Prep time: 25 minutes
|2 lbs.||Baby PEI White Potatoes|
|1/2 tsp.||Both Lemon Juice and Zest|
|2 Tbsp.||Prepared Horseradish|
|1 Tbsp.||Fresh Dill, chopped|
|1/4 tsp.||Salt & Black Pepper|
|1/4 Cup||Olive Oil|
|2 Cups||Baby Kale|
|1/2 Cup||Walnut Halves|
- Place potatoes into a medium pot; add 1 tsp salt, and cold water to cover potatoes.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest & juice, horseradish, and dill. Season with salt & black pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil and mix well; set aside until ready to use or refrigerate overnight.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain; set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, slice potatoes in half lengthwise and place into a medium bowl.
- Add baby kale, walnuts, and dressing; toss to coat. Serve hot or chill until ready to eat.
For a summer twist -
• Preheat grill to medium-high. Combine potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.
• Place potatoes onto grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until grill marks become visible. Remove from grill and place back into the bowl; combine with remaining ingredients.