PEI Potato Galette
Courtesy of the Homeplace Inn and Restaurant in Kensington, PEI.
Prep Time & Yield
Prep Time: 25 minutes
|5 lbs||Peeled, thinly sliced PEI Potatoes|
|1/2 Cup||Olive Oil|
|1/2 Cup||Pureed Onion|
|2 tsp.||Garlic, minced|
|2 tsp.||Rosemary, dried|
|2 tsp.||Thyme, dried|
|3 tsp.||Basil, dried|
|4 tsp.||Salt, or less if desired|
|1/2 tsp.||Freshly Ground Pepper|
|1 Cup||Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese|
|2 Cup||Mozzarella Cheese|
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until softened about 5 mins. Add herbs and let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Slice potatoes very thin. Combine well with cooled olive oil mixture.
- Rub or spray with oil a 9x13 pan. Combine salt and pepper with the two cheeses. Place a layer of potato slices on bottom of pan
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese mixture alternating with potatoes and finishing with cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. Uncover and let cheese become golden brown, approximately 20 mins.
- Let cool. Cut into 8 pieces (1 across, 4 down) then cut squares in half to make 16 triangles.