Pulled pork is super popular...why not pair it with a PEI Potato!
|4 large||PEI Russet Potatoes|
|3 lb (1.36 kg)||Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Onion, finely sliced|
|1.5 cups (375 ml)||Barbeque Sauce|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Chicken Stock|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
1. Place the pork roast, onion, barbeque sauce and apples in a pot (with a lid) or in a slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 2-2 ½ hours or until pork is tender and easy to pull apart.
2. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
3. Remove the pork from the sauce and allow the sauce to reduce until thickened if necessary.
4. Tear pork into small strands and place into a bowl.
5. Mix the thickened barbeque sauce with the pulled pork; set aside.
6. Gently scrub potatoes to remove dirt and loose skin; prick each potato several times with a fork.
7. Place the potatoes in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut off top of potatoes (lengthwise).
9. Scoop out potato, mash with a fork, mix in pulled pork and season with salt & pepper.
10. Fill each potato shell and top with cheddar cheese.
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately .
• Use leftover pulled pork, chili or baked beans on top of baked potatoes.