A traditional Acadian dish made famous in PEIs North Cape Coastal Region
35 minutes, serves 6-8
- 25 lbs of PEI Potatoes
- 2 cups of Mashed PEI Potatoes
- 3/4 Tbsp. of Summer Savoury
- 1 cup of Cooked Pork (baked in the oven or fried and chopped)
- 1 large or 2 medium Onions
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Pepper
- Peel and grate the PEI Potatoes.
- Rinse the PEI Potatoes in cold water until they are nice and white; use cheesecloth to squeeze ALL the water out.
- Mix the grated potatoes, cooked pork, and mashed potatoes. Mix in the onions, salt, pepper and summer savoury and put mixture in a 13” x 9” pan.
- Cooked at 350° for 3 hours until the top is crispy and dark brown.
Chef's Note: Because you're starting with such a high volume of PEI Potatoes to create this dish, it's important that all of the starch and water is drained off. Squeezing out the water ensures that the mixture fits in the dish and cooks properly to achieve the ideal texture. This Râpure recipe was created by Home Chef Alvina Bernard.