A summer time favourite, great for a barbeque or a family potluck!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
|12-16 small||New PEI Potatoes, halved|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Sour Cream|
|1.5 tbsp (23 ml)||Mayonnaise|
|1/2 tsp (2 ml)||Lemon Juice|
|2 tbsp (30 ml)||Chives, chopped|
|1 tbsp (15 ml)||Fresh Sage, chopped|
|to taste||Salt and Pepper|
1. Gently scrub potatoes to remove dirt and loose skin.
2. Cut potatoes in half if necessary.
3. Place potatoes in a pot of lightly salted, cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain and allow to cool.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, red onion, lemon juice and chives and fold in potatoes.
6. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
· Try adding your favourite potato salad ingredients such as bacon or hard-boiled eggs.
· This salad can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
· New potatoes are delicious served au naturel and the potato skin is full of nutrients such as vitamin C.