With a recipe this easy, your whole family will be begging you to keep the fridge stocked with these tasty treats!
20 minutes, makes 36.
|2/3 cup||Mashed Russet PEI Potatoes (plain, nothing added)|
|4-6 cups||Confectioners' Sugar|
|2 tsp.||Peppermint Extract|
|8 oz.||Dark Chocolate|
|1 cup||Crushed Candy Canes|
- Wrap your leftover Mashed Russet PEI Potatoes in paper towel and squeeze to allow for any excess moisture to be absorbed into the paper.
- Place the mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl, add Peppermint Extract and combine well.
- Add Confectioners’ Sugar one cup at a time and stir well to blend with the potatoes. Keep adding the Confectioners’ Sugar until you can form a soft dough. *If the dough is too sticky, add more Confectioners’ Sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
- Using a tablespoon, portion the dough into balls that you can roll in your hands to form a smooth 1-inch ball. Repeat and place each ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once completed, place the sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm.
- While the balls are chilling in the freezer, microwave the dark chocolate chunks, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Remove chilled balls from freezer. Using a fork to transport, dip each ball into the melted chocolate until completely coated then sprinkle crushed candy canes on the top of each one before the chocolate sets. Return the Chocolate Mint Mashed Truffles onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and put back in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to firm.
- Now you’re ready to wow your friends and family with these deliciously sweet, gluten-free treats!
CHEF'S TIP: You can store these goodies in the freezer to have on hand for future enjoyment, or package in a festive tin for a gift.